OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. The Puppers Personlization contest (“Contest”) begins on May 17, 2018 at 11:00:00 am ET and ends on May 17, 2017 at 7:00:00 pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and must have reached the legal drinking age in the province or territory in which he/she resides. Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of the Pitter Patter Live Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”), its parent organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfilment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, attend Puppers Personalization Pop-Up Shop at 277 Queen St. W, Toronto, Ontario (the “Activation”) with your dog and you will be provided with the Official Contest Entry Form (the “Entry Form”). Fully complete the Entry Form with all required information, which may include: (i) providing your first name, last name, email address and phone number; (ii) inputting name for your dog ; (iii) a note consisting of 100 words or less on why you and your dog should win the Contest (each, a “Submission”), which must comply with the Submission Requirements provided below (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and (iv) signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). Once you have fully completed the Entry Form with all required information (and your Submission) and have agreed to be legally bound by these Rules, your dog’s photo will be taken and its image will be printed on a Puppers can along with the dog’s name (a “Submission”). To be eligible, your Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES. To be eligible for entry in this Contest, your Submission must meet the following specific requirements:
• Entrants must own the dog being entered.
• Appear in person at the Puppers Pup-Up Shop May 17, 11am-7pm with your dog.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Submission:
i. is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Submission to enter the Contest. If an identical entrant name is submitted, the first submission based on time submitted will be deemed the original;
ii. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
iii. does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals who must also be over the legal drinking age. (note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Submission, then he/she must be completely deleted from your Submission);
iv. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
v. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of the Contest Sponsor); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products or characters of the Contest Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of the Contest Sponsor; conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Contest Sponsor and/or its designated content moderator (the “Reviewer”) will initially screen every Submission. The Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit or modify any Submission, or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Submission, in order to help ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules, or for any other reason, in its sole discretion.
By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Contest Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Submission, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Submission in favour of the Contest Parties; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other cause of action that relates in any way to his/her Submission, including, without limitation, any intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, the Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time during the Contest, to modify, edit or remove any Submission, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Submission, if a complaint is received with respect to the Submission, or for any other reason.
5. There is a maximum one entry per dog, up to a max of 2 entries per person (2 different dogs). If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) Entry per dog; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor): (i) your Entry Form is not fully completed with all required information; (ii) your Submission does not comply with the Submission Requirements; and/or your Entry Form is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered), including, without limitation, your Submission, for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s)
6. Prize: There are five (5) grand prizes to be won consisting of each of five (5) dogs selected to be featured on the cans of Puppers launching on Canada Day long weekend, Friday June 29 2018 (the “Grand Prize”). The Prize has no cash value and Winners will not be compensated for use of their dog’s likeness.
7. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. All characteristics and features of each Prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Limit of one (1) Prize per person.
8. A panel of judges (the “Contest Judges”) appointed by the Contest Sponsor will judge each Submission on the basis of the following weighted criteria:
Representative of the Letterkenny spirit
Uniqueness of owners story - Why their dog should be on a Puppers can
Uniqueness of dog’s look/name
Maximum 30 Points
Each Submission will be given a score (each, a “Score”) by the Contest Judges based on the above criteria. The entrant associated with each of the 5 Submissions that has obtained the top Scores will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. Odds of being selected as a potential Grand Prize winner depend on the number of eligible Entries received and the calibre of the Submission associated with each such Entry on the basis of the judging criteria. In the event of a tie between two or more Submissions based on total Score, the entrant associated with the Submission – from amongst all such Submissions that are tied – with the highest score on Representative of the Letterkenny spirit will be deemed to be the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event there is still a tie between two or more Submissions based on the foregoing tie-breaking criterion, the entrant associated with the Submission – from amongst all such Submissions that are still tied – with the highest score on Uniqueness of owners story will be deemed to be the potential Grand Prize winner. Judging is scheduled to be completed on May 25, 2018 at 12:00:00 PM ET (the “Selection Date”).
The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Grand Prize winners to notify him/her that he or she may have won a Prize by email (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) within two (2) business days after the Selection Date.
In the event that a the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted within the time frame noted above, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner may be selected at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion on the basis of the entrant associated with the Submission that obtained the next highest Score (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Grand Prize winner). Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
In order to be declared a Winner of each Grand Prize, potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full declaration and release form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, voice and other likeness, as well as the likeness and name of his/her dog and all parts of his/her Submission in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winners, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Grand Prize, assigns all intellectual property, including copyright, in and to his/her Submission (Grand Prize winners only) to the Contest Sponsor, waives all his/her moral rights in and to his/her Submission (Grand Prize winners only) in favour of the Contest Sponsor, agrees to indemnify the Released Parties (defined below) against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Submission (Grand Prize winners only), accepts the Prize, as awarded, and releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. In the Event a Winning Dog is owned by more than in person, such other person(s) must also execute a Declaration and Release granting rights to use of his/her dog.
If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (b) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) his/her Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (c) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to his/her Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to: (a) to select an alternate Grand Prize winner, on the basis of the entrant associated with the Submission that obtained the next highest Score, (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Grand Prize winner).
9. By entering this Contest, each entrant automatically agrees to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
10. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
12. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Entry Form, Website, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.